Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Finished!!!!

Today I finished the Bible in 90 Days Challenge. WooHoo!!  It was definately a challenge but one that was well worth the effort. Reading it at this pace and straight thru gave me so much more of an overview of the whole big picture of the bible. Going at this pace there is not time for indepth study but I marked tons of passages that I plan to go back and study more indepth now that I'm thru.

I learned so much from this challenge. It showed me how much time I waste everyday that could be better spent reading the Word. I learned if I didn't get up early and get atleast part of it read, then I usually wouldn't finish that days reading and would have to play catch up later. I also learned to grab my bible and take it with me everytime I left the house and read a page or two here and there while waiting for dr appt. or kids activities. It has also given me so much more of a love and hunger for His Word, I can't wait to go thru it again.

It's sad though how many people own bibles but have never read it in its entirety. Horace Greeley stated "It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible-reading people." Think of how different this country would be if Christians read from it daily. Think of how different our Church's would be. I read some testimonials of whole Church's that had done this Challenge together and they all said attendance increased and tithing increased and missions giving increased. Church's today spend so much money on entertainment to keep people coming or bring new people in. Maybe all we really need to do is to teach them to read.

So...go read, 90 days, 6 months, a year, just go read. You won't regret it!

Oh and as we prepare to celebrate Easter I'm oh so thankful for Christ's sacrifice for us. Can you imagine having to keep up with all the different sacrifices and offerings and rituals like the old testament people. Some of us would have to have some bigger goat and sheep herds than others. Ha!

OK now you can go read!!

No comments: