Monday, August 31, 2009

Enter His Gates

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing.

Psalm 100 was the text for our sermon Sunday morning, and Sunday night Courtney took this verse to heart and "came before His presence with singing."

Courtney, the kid who hates being in large groups of people, the kid who hates talking to people, the kid who does not like to be the center of attention, left people with open mouths and tears in their eyes last night. Never underestimate the Lord, if He wants to use you it doesn't matter what your problems or handicaps may be, you just have to be willing. Courtney is my daily reminder that I just need to take it all to Him and leave it there, trust and obey. So many days, I wonder if the things I do, the talks, the prayers, getting everyone up and out the door for church when no one wants to cooperate,  are really making a difference and then He gives me a moment like last night that reminds me to keep it up. It is worth it.

                                                                      
We are so proud of you Courtney! You did a great job and sounded beautiful, I hope you sing again soon.!

No comments: